Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Blog Revolution, and Such

Well, the time has arrived. After much planning, consideration, sleepless nights, and contemplation, I am going to do it. I am going to take the plunge. I am going to blog. It is fascinating to me that men (and women) of my age are right on the cusp of technology. Let me explain. I am 31 years old. Not ready to fall asleep in the recliner every night after the first quarter of the Celtics game, but not ready to completely grasp the technological culture that has enveloped us all. There are things that I am still trying to figure out that a 8 year old could probably explain in 3.2 seconds, or in other words, the time that it would take for my eyes to glaze over in complete confusion and disgust. Thus, I am late to the blog game. Similar to being picked last in a 7th grade game of dodge ball, I understand that my responsibilities are simple - make a contribution, try not to get beat up, and stay out of the way of things flying toward my face.

So, a moment about me before I go. Two kids, no pets, and a car radio that doesn't work. Asparagus is not in the picture. Cupcakes are. Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots. In that order. Still working on that trip to the North Pole that the kids say is ABSOLUTELY necessary before next Christmas, since we missed it this time around. Snow - bad. Heat - bad. 70 degrees with a slight breeze - perfect. Golf - would be better if I knew what the hell I was doing from 100 yards out and that aforementioned slight breeze blowing directly in my face. "In the end, aren't we all just waiting for the door to slam shut?" I think Bob Dylan said that. Or, I may have just made it up. Not sure. Anyway, I welcome myself to this strange and exciting cyber world. Let the good times roll.

No comments: