Thursday, January 17, 2008

Minivans. And the inability to dress myself....

Mornings are, without a doubt the most difficult time in my house. People running in a million directions, teeth being brushed, outfits being argued about, children bouncing off the walls...A small miracle is performed every time that the children are actually to school on time. The other morning, the aforementioned outfit arguing hit a new low when Chloe informed me that her pink shirt and her pink pants were WAY TOO MUCH PINK. Now, I found this incredibly ironic as I looked around her room and found it difficult to point out a single object that wasn't pink. Without pink, my daughter would be, well, pinkless. And terribly unhappy. Nonetheless, with the irony oozing from her lips, she informed me of the obvious problem of pink overload, which I had obviously overlooked. I proceeded to pull out a pair of blue jeans for her to wear. Little did I know that a new shirt was required as well. To this oversight, I was welcomed with this - "Daddy - you don't know much about clothes." Like this was something that I had to be informed of. Like I couldn't look in my own closet and see my shirts from 1997 that should have been thrown out in 1998. I decided then and there that Chloe will now pick out her own clothes...

Fast forward 30 minutes. We are sitting in the car at the kids' school. Shea is going to school, Chloe is not - she attends 3 days a week, and this was not one of those days. As we are waiting for Shea to enter the building so we can leave, Chloe notices the minivans and SUV's surrounding us in the parking lot. To which she says this, while pointing to a minivan - "Daddy - why don't we have a car like that?" I explain that we don't need a van, because there are only two kids in the family, and besides, I don't really know much about minivans. I then am confronted with this -"Daddy, you should get a minivan" As I asked why, a little voice, barely audible, could be heard in the far reaches of my mind. I'm pretty sure it was telling me to look out..But, as I said, it was barely audible, and I went on with my inquiry, and she responded with, "Well, lots of people have minivans. And anyway, you don't know anything about clothes, either.." I should have my van by next week.....



MySpace Tracker

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hehe, just don't buy a pink one *winks, tongue firmly in cheek*